Hospitality Management Program Goals
The goals and objectives we have accepted are in accordance with the standards and goals set by the College of Southern Idaho, the Business Department goals, and the Profession-Technical Division requirements.
- To educate and train a person who can immediately perform at the entry level in the professional work environment of the Hospitality Industry.
- To use methods, materials, equipment and technology that replicates current industry standards.
- Understand the principles and practices of foodservice sanitation and safety, nutrition and supervisory management.
- Synthesize and evaluate core concepts in the areas of hospitality accounting, finance, human resource, marketing, operations and customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, listen, and clearly express themselves using written, oral, and quantitative methods to communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, customers and members of the community.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills needed for managing diverse and global hospitality operations.
- Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working in the Hospitality Industry.
back to top